Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We Are Already Cyborgs -Jason Silva

We Are Already Cyborgs -Jason Silva

CLICK THAT LINK!! This is exactly my cup of tea. Jason Silva strikes again! Follow him on Twitter. Your brain will be very happy.

I have a bunch to say on this topic since it is close to the core of my written piece. I'll let this simmer in my head on the long walk home.

The mental image when one hears "cyborg" or "augmented reality" is one of robots and high science fiction. Silva does a great job of quickly and simply explaining that technology is an extension of ourselves and technology can be as basic as tool use. Anything we use to supplement the function of our own body is a technological advantage, be it a paintbrush or a haptic glove. The reality is that we are already cyborgs in a sense, just not the ones you might think.

Note to self: look up tools for conviviality. Simplest tools to enhance abilities -> tools for futuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment