Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lucky Rabbit Feet

Spent yesterday in the lab starting to model the rabbit. In my head I saw him a little more stylized and angular, but these screengrabs show the smoothed version. We'll see how it progresses. He's still currently headless, but I'm really happy with the pelvis-to-leg geometry. Smooth, simple, and should deform really nicely. The front legs were a little messier, I'll probably tweak them a little more. It was strange modeling the rabbit because his range of motion is so extreme. He's very bouncy and can bunch up into a very compact ball, or stretch out quite long while running. The back needs to be very flexible and the back legs need to be able to fold up almost completely without weird geometry folding in the skin, but also stretch out behind him without being whittled away into skinny nothingness.



I love the back feet, but the front paws give me pause (haha). Part of me wants to remodel the front paws with actual little fingers. That might make for a nice detail in a few shots. I wouldn't animate each separately, but probably add a slider between open/splayed and closed/together. Wouldn't be too difficult...

I boarded a couple sequences over the weekend, too. Worked out a few things for the snake character regarding what is possible/impossible for it to do in the weird surreality of the tunnels.

No comments:

Post a Comment