Thursday, June 20, 2013

lagomorphic cleft palate surgery x 3

This morning was rough. I modelled the mouth and ears and tweaked the head a little bit overall. It's a little narrower. Domestic rabbits have wider heads, but desert cottontails are a bit "sportier", though not nearly as lanky as hares. When it came to the mouth I kept adding detail to one side with the knowledge that I would mirror the geometry as a final step. This went fantastically, until I realized that the points on the inside and underside of the lip were so close together that they puckered into one star vertex with a million edges. I ended up doing rabbit "cleft palate surgery" around three times. Finally, I just decided to forget about it, continue modelling, and move on to the ears. Ears then finished, I came back at the end to mirror it all one last time. In the interim I kind of forgot what the inner lip/mouth/nose geometry had originally looked like, so he looks a little now different than intended. It's like rhinoplasty that came out a little too subtle. Something has changed, I just don't know what. Oh well. Here's blockhead:


Here's a smoother version from the front:


And the whole blocky body. Still need to attach the neck. Ho-hum.

EDIT: Connected head to body. There's a seam just at the base of the skull that REALLY bugs me but once I texture him it probably won't show up. I think I've just stared at it for too long. I thought the wireframe from the side looked pretty:

No comments:

Post a Comment