Tuesday, July 2, 2013

rabbit skin coats



Weeeeeell, while painting the texture file for the unwrapped UVs in Photoshop over the weekend, I remembered something: it's MISERABLE! Especially when I didn't have the model with me to stick in back onto to check progress and that edges match up.

So today, instead of wrestling with that, I decided to try out the 3D Paint Tool. So far it seems alright. I'm not sure if I'm going to give him actual "fur", might just put a teeny bump map with some hatching. Fur would increase render time and might just be a can of worms I don't want to open.

There's a little bit of stretching over his back, I might need to make that a separate piece, I just really don't want to have another UV seam in such a visible place. Might be unavoidable, though, if the texture doesn't turn out perfectly. I should know by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment